Arun Jaitley had severe back pain. He sat down to deliver large parts of his speech.
- Belying Expections, Finance Minister Doesn't Scrap Retrospective Tax Law
- Finance Minister Retains Fiscal Deficit Target at 4.1% of GDP
- Sensex Recovers Over 150 Points, Nifty Above 7,500
- Budget 2014: FDI Limit in Defence, Insurance Hiked to 49%
- Budget 2014: 5 New IITs and IIMs, Says Finance Minister
- Budget 2014: Rs. 1000 Crore Set Aside to Improve Irrigation Facilities
- 12:53 (IST)10 year tax holiday for power companies who start production and distribution on March 31, 2017
- 12:53 (IST)Government to take a view on Direct Taxes Code (DTC)
- 12:51 (IST)The Budget so far: The law on retrospective tax stays.
Read more here
- 12:49 (IST)Income tax exemption increased to Rs 3 lakh for senior citizens, from Rs 2.5 lakh
- 12:46 (IST)Tax exemption on interest component on housing loan raised to Rs 2 lakh from Rs 1.5 lakh
- 12:45 (IST)Section 80C limit raised to Rs 1.5 lakh from Rs 1 lakh
- 12:43 (IST)Income tax exemption limit raised to Rs 2.5 lakh from Rs 2 lakh at present
- 12:42 (IST)No change in income tax rate
- 12:42 (IST)Plan expenditure at Rs 5.75 lakh crore vs Rs 5.55 lakh crore in interim budget
- 12:41 (IST)Non-plan expenditure increased to Rs 12.19 lakh crore vs Rs 11.10 crore in 2013-14
- 12:38 (IST)The Budget so far: 5 new IITs and IIMs, says the Finance Minister.
- 12:37 (IST)For rehabilitation of displaced Kashmiri migrants, Rs 500 crore allocated
- 12:36 (IST)Sports academies to be set up across India. Rs 200 crores to upgrade stadiums in Jammu & Kashmir. Rs 100 crores for a sports university in Manipur
- 12:35 (IST)Rs 100 crores to train sportspersons for the Commonwealth and Asian Games coming up
- 12:34 (IST)Rs 100 crores for ghat development and beautification of river fronts. NRI fund announced for the Clean Ganga programme